Before we dive into this moist and super easy banana bread recipe, I have a question for you. You ever just wake up and realize that you’re ready for more? Even if more is a little fuzzy and needs some structure, you recognize the need for something new. I’m there. Work is cool but I’m ready for something more meaningful. Maryland has been the change I needed and now I’m ready to activate the change.
Food blogging has given me the creative space I craved and now my heart and mind can’t fight the desire to nurture this baby, fully. I’ve been in this space before so I know better than to up and quit my 9-5 life without a plan, however I recognize the pull, the push, and the call. A shifting is happening! I know that none of that has nothing to do with this amazing and easy banana bread but it was on my heart.
Okay moving on…
Now that I have you caught up on my mental space, I am so excited about this banana bread! This really is an easy and super moist banana bread. For two reasons; one it’s so moist(I know, that word again) & flavorful and it’s just so darn good!! I’ll also say that this bread will you through the week day mornings. I’m sure I’ve shared my morning struggles with you all so this banana bread helps.
SOME TIPS TO GET YOU STARTED:
- As always, make sure your eggs and sour cream are at room temperature
- So the secret to a super moist banana bread is of course our star ingredient but also, the sour cream. The sour cream is major but if you must, you can use greek yogurt as a substitute.
- Super ripe bananas are best for banana bread. They add more flavor and are easy to mash with a fork
- If you choose to add walnuts or pecans, I recommend chopping them into small pieces
Best Ever Banana Bread
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 55
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 banana (optional)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease a loaf pan with shortening and flour or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the melted butter and sugar. Add in eggs and vanilla extract, mix well.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and mix it into the butter mixture. Don’t over mix, just mix until the batter is smooth. Fold in the sour cream and mashed bananas. Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- If you want the banana design (like the one in the photo), slice a banana down the middle, coat the inside of the banana halves with brown sugar. Place the uncoated side onto the banana mixture.
- Bake for 55- 60 minutes. Insert a toothpick around the 50 minute mark to check for doneness.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
Keywords: Banana bread
Jay, I love the way your banana bread looks. I will definitely try this recipe. Love you!!!!
Thank you! I can’t wait to hear about how it comes out 🙂
Wow, I thought I had the best banana bread recipe but I can’t wait to try this one! Thank you for sharing. It looks good and beautiful!
Thank you!! I’m sure yours is amazing and thank you so much for reading!
I made the banana bread today. OMG it’s delish! It’s so moist and flavorful. I am sure, I will be making this again and probably give it out as Christmas gifts. ALittleFood keep sharing your delicious recipes and tips. So goooood and was easy to make. 👍🏽
Yaaaayy!!! I’m so glad you like it and I agree, these will make the best Christmas gifts.
love the simplicity of this recipe! Had everything on hand. Super creamy and delish. Will make this again for sure!
I love to hear that! I’m so glad you enjoyed it and it definitely looked yummy!!
INCREDIBLE recipe! 100% will be making again. Thank you! (:
Thank you so much!! I’m so glad that you like it 🙂
I made this banana bread for the first time yesterday and I am absolutely obsessed! It is definitely going to be my go-to banana bread recipe from now on!
Awesome!!! I’m so glad you like it 🙂
I turned this recipe into banana muffins for a Saturday morning treat and they taste AMAZING! So light and fluffy! Exactly what we needed on this dreary morning.
Oh wow! You read my mind because I’m doing the exact same thing today! I’m so glad you enjoyed them and thanks for making.