The Everyday Granola recipe is pure joy in the morning, afternoon, and it will even satisfy a late night craving. I would say it’s the perfect blend of some of our favorite warm spices. The honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and dried cranberries blend together perfectly to form this incredible crunchy cluster of joy. Oh! I can’t forget the pecans. The rich nutty flavor from the pecans is the EVERYTHING. One of my girlfriends said, “it tastes like Christmas” and I couldn’t agree more.
This recipe is pretty straight forward. I like to make this on Sunday afternoon as I’m prepping for the busy week ahead. Having a fresh batch of The Everyday Granola helps when those cravings hit and instead of reaching for Cheetos, I grab a handful of granola.
How to make The Everyday Granola
Set oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. I like to use parchment because it doesn’t rip when I’m stirring the granola on the baking sheet. In a large bowl combine the oats, pecans, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Mix the dry ingredients together then set aside.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the brown sugar, honey, and butter. Bring it to a boil and then remove from heat. Add the vanilla extract and stir well. Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients and mix everything well. Make sure that the dry ingredients are evenly coated. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet and using a spatula, press the granola mixture evenly into the pan. Bake for 20 minutes and then add in the dried cranberries. Stir them into the granola and bake for another 10 minutes.
Remove the granola from the oven and from the baking sheet. Let it cool directly on the foil or parchment paper on your counter or table. This will help it to cool evenly and become crunchy. Once the granola is completely cooled, crumble into pieces and enjoy!
Tips for storing
- I would suggest storing the granola in a sealed container in a cool dry area. If the container is left open, your granola will become soft. It will still be good but you won’t have those nice crunchy clusters.
A simple granola recipe for healthy snacking and a quick breakfast option.
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Set oven to 325° and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, pecans, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Mix the dry ingredients together then set aside.
- In a medium saucepan on medium heat, combine the brown sugar, honey, and butter. Bring it to a boil then quickly remove it from the heat. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients, a little at a time and mix everything well. Make sure that the dry ingredients are evenly coated.
- Transfer the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and using a spatula, press the granola mixture evenly into the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then sprinkle the dried cranberries on top of the granola. Carefully mix them in and continue to bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the granola from the oven and from the baking sheet. Allow the granola to cool on the foil or parchment paper, directly on your counter or table .
- Once the granola is completely cool, crumble into pieces and enjoy!
Store the granola in air tight container for up to one week.
Keywords: The Everyday Granola, Granola