Sangria was my intro into spirited beverages. Sangria and amaretto sours were my sidekicks. You could always catch me and my girlfriends sitting on our from porch sipping sangria recapping the previous nights festivities. I’m smiling as I type this because whew chile, we enjoyed our twenties Lol! So I decided to make a non alcoholic sangria for myself and others to enjoy and sip on because quite honestly, I just love the pure sangria flavors.
For this Sangria you will need:
- Chai tea. I chose chai tea as the base because the flavor and spices are deep and bold enough to resemble a red wine. If you are sensitive to caffeine, I suggest using a decaf chai tea.
- Pomegranate & cranberry juice. This blend isn’t too sweet and it works very well with the chai tea.
- Simple syrup for sweetness. If you’re unfamiliar with how to make it: simmer equal parts water and sugar in a pot until the sugar is dissolved. Let is simmer for about 10 minutes, remove from the heat, and let it cool before using.
- Lime juice
- Orange and lime slices
- Sparkling apple cider.
How to make this Virgin Sangria
- Pour the chilled brewed chia tea into a pitcher, add in the pomegranate & cranberry juice, and simple syrup. Stir everything together very well and add in the lime juice, orange slices, and lime slices. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- To serve, add ice to a cocktail glass and pour the sangria into the glass. Add pieces of fruit to the glass, then top with the sparkling apple cider. Enjoy!