The classic taste, chewiness, and nostalgia of the cookies we all enjoy while shopping at the mall. This cookie dough is the base for many of your favorite mall cookies, just switch up the add-ins.
- 2 and 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 and 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 and 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cup chopped chocolate chunks or large chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup plain M&Ms, if using
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder together, set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer (or stand mixer), cream the butter and sugars on high speed until pale and fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing in between. Add in the vanilla extract then lower the speed and gradually add in the flour mixture. Mix until everything is combined but don’t over mix. Stir in the chocolate with a spoon. If you’re making the M&M cookie do not add the M&Ms to the dough yet.
- Using a large cookie scoop or a heaping tablespoon, scoop the cookie dough and roll into a ball. Place the cookie dough balls in a container and let chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- When you’re ready to bake and once the dough is firm, preheat the oven to 350F° and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper then place the cookies on the cookie sheet leaving a good amount of space. I recommend baking 4 cookies per sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. The center of the cookie might look undercooked when done but that’s okay as they will continue to bake on the cookie sheet for 5-7 minutes once removed from the oven.
- For the M&M cookie, bake for 10 minutes then pull the cookie sheet from the oven and carefully and quickly place the M&Ms to the tops of the cookies. Push the cookie sheet back into the oven and bake for another 4-5 minutes.
Keywords: Mall Cookie Recipes