A sweet and spicy slow cooked tender pork shoulder blade.
- 2–3 pound pork shoulder blade
- kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 whole garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 cups broth (beef or bone)
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Season the pork with kosher salt, be sure to season all sides of the pork. *You can let the pork pork marinade in the salt overnight if you prefer.
- Heat the olive oil in a dutch oven over medium high heat. Mix all of the dry spices in a bowl and coat the pork in the dry rub. Be sure to use all of the rub and pat the spices into the meat. Brown the pork in the olive oil on both sides, about 7 minutes each side until golden brown.
- Add the sliced onions, garlic cloves, Worcestershire sauce, and broth to the pot. Cover the pot and place in the preheated oven. Let the pork cook until fork tender, about 2 hours and 15 minutes. I suggest checking the pork every 45 minutes. The internal temperature of the pork should be at least 145°.
Cooking times will vary for different cuts of meat. I suggest following the recommended cooking time on the package. If using a pressure cooker, I suggest 15-20 minutes per 1 pound.
Keywords: Sweet and Spicy Pork Roast