- 2 Spaghetti Squash
- 4 tbsp olive oil (reserve 2 tbsp)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey (or meat alternative)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 – 24 oz marinara sauce
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp basil
- 2 tsp sugar (optional)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Slice the spaghetti squash in half, scrape the seeds out, and place on a sheet pan. Drizzle olive oil on the outside and insides on the spaghetti squash and lightly season with salt and pepper. Lay the squash cut side down and using a fork, press holes on the outside on the spaghetti squash, as shown. Roast for 45 minutes, cut side down.
- While the Spaghetti Squash is roasting prepare the meat sauce. In a large pan add 2 tbsp olive oil over medium high heat and sauté the onions until tender and fragrant. Add in the garlic then add in the ground beef and begin to break it up with the back of your spoon. Season with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Cook the ground beef until it’s fully cooked and drain the excess grease as needed. Pour in the marinara sauce, season with oregano, basil, and sugar (optional), salt, pepper, and let the sauce continue to simmer.
- Once the Spaghetti Squash is done remove it from the oven and carefully flip the squash over. Use a fork to pull the filling towards the center of the squash. Top with the meat sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese and place the spaghetti squash back in the oven to broil for 5-7 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with fresh basil and enjoy!
Keywords: Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce, how to make Spaghetti Squash