Sweet southern fried corn made with plant based & dairy free butter.
- 8 ears of fresh corn
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plant butter
- Salt & pepper
- Shuck the corn and remove the silk. Rinse with cold water.
- Cut the kernels off the cob and into a large bowl. It’s best to do this while the corn is standing up and run a sharp knife down the side of the cob.
- Use a spoon to scrape the naked cobs and remove the starchy milky liquid, called corn milk straight into the bowl with the corn. Season the corn with salt and pepper and mix everything together.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet on medium high. Once the butter is melted add in the corn and reduce the heat to medium low. Cook for
I do not recommend using canned corn for this recipe.
Keywords: Fried corn, How to make fried corn