S’mores cookies are soft, chewy, and full of chocolate chunks, stuffed with marshmallows, and coated in buttery graham crackers.
- 2 and 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 and 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 and 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 – 4 ounce semi-sweet chocolate baking bars
- About 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 and 1 /2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder together, set aside. Rough chop the chocolate bars and set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer (or stand mixer), cream the butter and sugars on high speed until pale and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing in between. Add in the vanilla extract then lower the speed and gradually add in the flour mixture. Mix until everything is combined but don’t over mix. Stir in HALF of the chocolate with a spoon, don’t beat with the electric mixer.
- Using a medium size cookie scoop or a heaping tablespoon, scoop the cookie dough and form a ball with a cavity in the middle. Place 4 or 5 mini marshmallows inside the cavity and cover the marshmallows, leaving some of the marshmallow showing (See photos).
- Pour the graham cracker crumbs in a small bowl and roll the cookie dough ball in the the graham cracker crumbs, repeat this step for each cookie. Place the cookies in a bowl and refrigerate for 1-2 hours, preferably overnight.
- When you’re ready to bake and once the dough is firm, preheat the oven to 350F° and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake for exactly 10 minutes. Open the oven then carefully and quickly place the remaining chocolate pieces onto the cookies and continue baking for another 3-4 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to continue baking on the cookie sheet for 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and enjoy!
Keywords: S'mores cookies, how to make s'mores cookies, s'mores