Roasted asparagus drizzled in a balsamic glaze and parmesan cheese.
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (optional)
- Bunch of thin asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- In a small pot, bring the balsamic vinegar (and brown sugar, if using) to a boil over medium heat. Once it reaches a gentle boil turn the heat to medium low and let it simmer, stirring occasionally. The vinegar will thicken as it reduces, about 20 minutes. The consistency should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove the balsamic glaze from the heat and let it cool completely.
- Rinse off the asparagus and arrange them on a baking sheet. Drizzle the oil on the asparagus and then season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the asparagus and bake for 15 minutes or until it reaches your desired tenderness. Once you remove the asparagus from the oven drizzle the balsamic glaze over the asparagus and enjoy!
Keywords: How to make roasted asparagus, balsamic glaze