A tasty pumpkin spiced Chex mix snack using cinnamon, nutmeg pumpkins, and cashews.
- 2 cups of corn or rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup of quick oats
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup Cashews
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin seeds
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and heat oven to 325°
- In a large bowl mix the chex cereal, quick oats, cashews, pumpkin seeds together. Then mix in the cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin spice, and salt. Stir everything together and set aside.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, melt the the butter, honey, and brown sugar. Bring it to a low boil then remove it from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the brown sugar mixture over the chex cereal and stir until the mixture is completely coated, then pour the chex mix onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a spatula spread the mixture evenly on the sheet. Bake for 20 minutes then sprinkle on the dried cranberries. You can gently mix everything together on the sheet and continue to bake for another 10 minutes.
- Transfer the granola from the baking sheet to your countertop (lined with parchment or foil) and let it cool on the foil or parchment paper, directly on your counter or table (not on the hot baking sheet). As it cools, it will start to become crunchy.
Store the granola in air tight container or storage bag for up to one week.
Keywords: Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix