An easy and delicious peach cobbler bread pudding made with fresh peaches and warm spices.
- 4 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (plus more for the skillet)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Challah bread (Day old/stale), 6 slices
- Preheat the oven to 350° and butter the 10 inch skillet or baking dish. Add the peach slices, both sugars, and butter to a medium sauce pan and over medium high heat and bring to boil, then reduce the heat. Stir occasionally as the liquid begins to form. Once the peaches are soft, remove the pot from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and whisk in the cream. Add in the cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and make sure everything is combined. Cut the bread into small pieces and mix the bread into the egg and cream mixture. Fold the peaches into the bread mixture and gently stir everything together.
- Pour the bread pudding into the buttered skillet or baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve warm and enjoy!
- This recipe is for a 10 inch skillet or round dish. If you adjust the dish size you might need to adjust the baking time based on the size of your dish.
- I recommend storing in the refrigerator for up to 4 days
- You can use canned peaches, drain some of the liquid.
Keywords: Peach cobbler bread pudding, bread pudding