A simple chicken salad recipe with Caribbean Jerk Seasoning for a little heat!
For the chicken
2 Bone-in Chicken Breasts
Pinch of Salt & Pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon dry Jerk Seasoning
2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
For the salad mixture
4 celery ribs, chopped
1 cucumber, diced
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup ranch dressing
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon dry Jerk Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper, jerk seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Over medium heat, add the oil to a skillet and brown the chicken breast on both sides for 5-7 minutes each. When golden on both sides, place the chicken on a baking sheet or roasting pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Once the chicken is done, let it rest before cutting into small pieces.
- While the chicken is baking, chop the celery into small pieces. Dice the cucumber into small pieces as well and put everything into a bowl. When the chicken is ready, remove the cooked chicken breast from the bone and chop into small pieces and add the chicken into the bowl with the veggies.
- To the bowl, add in the mayo, ranch dressing, sugar, and jerk seasoning. Mix everything together to incorporate all of the spices. You can adjust the jerk spice as you please.
- Serve on a croissant, in a salad, or with crackers!
I do not recommend adding more salt into the mixture, as the jerk seasoning already contains salt.
Keywords: Jerk chicken salad, chicken salad