An easy and delicious pizza recipe made with fresh and traditional Italian ingredients.
The Pizza Dough
1 cup warm water (105°)
1 tablespoon active yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 and 1/2 Italian seasoning (optional)
2 cups all purpose flour, plus more if needed
For the Toppings
4 slices Citterio Hot Capocollo
4 slices Citterio Oven Roasted Ham
4 –6 slices Citterio Speck
Fresh mozzarella cheese
Making The Dough
- Preheat the oven to 450° and grease or spray a pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl fitted with dough hook attachment, add the water, yeast, and sugar. Stir well and let the yeast proof for 5-7 minutes until it’s foamy.
- Once the yeast has proofed mix in the olive oil, 2 cups of the flour, salt, and Italian seasoning (optional). As the dough is forming it should start to pull away from the bowl, if it doesn’t add some of the remaining flour until a soft/sticky dough forms. Dump the dough onto a floured surface and knead the dough until smooth and manageable. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out and shape into a 12 inch round then transfer to your prepared pizza pan. Gently Prick the dough with a fork to ensure air bubbles do not form. Pre bake the dough for 5 minutes, then remove from the oven.
Building your pizza
- Add the pizza sauce then top with the Citterio Hot Capocollo, Oven Roasted Ham, and then place the Speck in between the empty spaces. Add the fresh mozzarella to the pizza and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Be sure to bake on the bottom rack in your oven.
- Let the pizza cool for a few minutes, then top with fresh basil, cut and enjoy!
Keywords: How to make a pizza, Citterio Italian meats, Pizza recipe