A simple chili recipe with traditional flavors and hearty ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 pound ground beef, turkey, or chicken
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 and 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 – 15 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 – 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- In a large pot over medium-high heat add the olive oil and once hot add in the onions and sauté until tender and fragrant. Add in the ground meat and cook until browned, breaking it up as it cooks.
- Season the meat with with the chili powder, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, cumin, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Mix well then stir in the tomato paste.
- Pour in the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, fire roasted tomatoes, tomato sauce, and beans. Bring the liquid to a boil then reduce the heat to low and let simmer uncovered for 25 minutes. Be sure to stir occasionally and remove from the heat when finished simmering. Enjoy!
Keywords: Easy Homemade Chili Recipe, chili, chili recipes