Easy smooth and creamy cream cheese frosting
- 4 (8oz) blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- In a large bowl or standing mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter on high until smooth and creamy, about 5 minutes. Make sure that there are no lumps hiding on the bottom of the bowl.
- Add in the vanilla extract and turn your mixer down to low speed and gradually add in the sugar. Mix until everything is fully incorporated and smooth.
- Turn your mixer up to medium high and continue to beat until the cream cheese frosting has a light and whipped texture.
- Store in the refrigerator for about an hour so that it can firm up, if needed.
Keywords: Cream cheese frosting