The perfect cookie for your birthday. Soft, chewy, and with a crispy edge and filled with chocolate chips, pecans, and sprinkles.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 tbsp rainbow sprinkles
- Brown 1 and 1/2 sticks of the butter in a small saucepan on medium-low, whisking continuously until the butter begins to brown and begins to smell nutty. The butter will start to foam and then brown leaving small bits in the bottom of the pan. Be careful not to let it burn, it’s done when it starts to smell like caramel and has an amber color. Once it’s done, pour the brown butter into a heatproof bowl and add in the remaining 1/2 stick of butter and mix it in until it melts. Place the melted butter in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the sugars, eggs, vanilla extract, salt, and browned butter to a large bowl and mix well until everything is combined.
- Add in the flour and baking soda and stir until there are no streaks of flour. Mix in the pecans, chocolate chips, and sprinkles. Once the dough forms, roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place on the baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. The cookies will be a pale golden brown when finished baking. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them continue baking on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a plate or cooling rack.
Keywords: Chocolate Chip Birthday Cookies, chocolate chip cookies