A quick, easy, and delicious weeknight meal.
- 1 lb chicken breast or thighs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp fresh garlic or garlic paste
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp chipotle seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 3 tsp fresh cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- Place your cleaned chicken into a Ziploc bag and season with salt, paprika, garlic, chili powder, chipotle, cumin, creole seasoning. Add in the cilantro and lime juice and massage everything into the chicken so that all of the chicken is evenly coated. Let the chicken marinate for 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Add the oil to a cast iron or skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot place your marinated chicken into the skillet, smooth side down. Cook on both sides until done, about 8-10 minutes on each side.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pan to rest. Add in the sliced peppers and onions and saute until fragrant and tender. Turn the heat down if you need to.
- Slice the chicken into strips and serve the fajitas on warm tortillas, with rice and & black beans, or with any of your favorite toppings.
Keywords: Chicken fajitas, how to make fajitas, fajita recipe