So here’s the thing…
I know the world doesn’t need another chocolate chip cookie, but hey, why not?! I wouldn’t share it with you if it wasn’t so doggone good. I struggled with the naming this cookie because it’s a classic cookie with a few subtle surprises that any chocolate chip cookie lover would appreciate. After testing a few batches of cookies and sharing them with friends, it was clear that these cookies were far from average and are super special. These chewy chocolate chip cookies are the only recipe you will ever need. They’re that good!
A few years ago a friend of mine made chocolate chip cookies and they tasted like nothing I’d ever had before but it was everything I wanted in a cookie. Imagine if chocolate chip, peanut butter, and snickerdoodle had a baby! This cookie is the baby and if you’re into the whole chocolate chip, peanut butter, and snickerdoodle kinda thing, I think you’re in for a treat. I was unable to get the recipe from my friend; it’s a family recipe BUT I spent a few days in my kitchen developing a recipe that I think you’ll love!
Tips for the best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Like always, your butter and eggs should be room temperature.
- The butter should be softened, not melted. TIP: allow your butter to sit for 30-45 minutes before creaming
- You will want to use dark brown sugar for this cookie. Dark brown sugar really helps with achieving the chewy texture.
- When creaming the butter, sugars, and eggs, mix until you achieve a pale color and fluffy texture.
- Bake for exactly 12 minutes at 375F. The cookies will continue to bake on the cookie sheet once you take them out of the oven.