This Bourbon Brown Sugar Old Fashioned recipe is a delicious twist on the classic Old Fashioned cocktail, using brown sugar and cinnamon.
- .5 oz Brown Sugar Simple Syrup
- 3 dashes Angostura aromatic bitters
- 2 oz Whiskey or Bourbon
- Orange peel
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Simple syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- Pinch of salt
- Add the brown sugar simple syrup and bitters to a rocks glass. Pour in the bourbon, add the ice, and stir until the cocktail has reached your desired level of dilution.
- Express the orange peel over the glass and enjoy.
To make the Brown Sugar simple syrup:
- To a small sauce pot, add the brown sugar, water, cinnamon sticks, and a pinch of salt. Over medium-high heat, bring the mixture to a boil and stir to ensure the sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the syrup simmer for 10-15 minutes then remove from the heat.
- The syrup will last for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
Keywords: Old fashioned cocktails, brown sugar old fashioned, brown sugar cocktails, cocktails, old fashioned recipe, Bourbon