A delicious soup favorite made with Italian sausage, onions, garlic, and potatoes.
- 1 lb hot or mild Italian sausage
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, diced
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 5 red or russet potatoes, sliced
- 1 bunch of kale, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 slices of cooked bacon, optional
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook the sausage in a large pot until there is no pink, about 7-9 minutes. Remove and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Add the onions to the same pot and cook until they are translucent then add in the garlic and saute until fragrant. Stir in the seasonings and mix well.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring the broth to a rolling boil. Add the potatoes and cook until the potatoes are tender for about 10 minutes. Add the cooked sausage and kale. Cook the kale until it reaches your desired tenderness. Stir in the heavy cream and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Top with crushed bacon pieces and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Keywords: Zuppa Toscana soup