These are the softest cakey donuts dipped in a chocolate ganache and can be topped with any of your toppings or decorations.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or the bar, chopped
- 1 tbsp sugar (if you prefer your ganache sweeter)
- Preheat the oven to 325° and grease your donut pan. Add the dry ingredients to a medium-sized bowl, whisk well, then set aside. In another bowl whisk the egg, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and buttermilk until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix JUST until there are no flour streaks. The batter should be thick and shiny.
- Spoon or pipe the donut batter into the prepared donut pan and bake for 7 minutes. Let the donuts cool in the pan for 3-5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack and cool before icing.
- To make the ganache pour the heavy cream into a small pot and heat on low until it begins to simmer. Remove the pan from the heat and add in the chocolate chips or chopped chocolate and stir until the ganache is formed. If you want your ganache sweeter then add 1 tbsp of sugar and mix well to ensure the sugar has dissolved. Let the ganache cool, slightly.
- Dip your donuts in the ganache and decorate with sprinkles, gold leaf paper, chocolate chips, cookie crumbs, or enjoy as is.
Keywords: chocolate donuts, donuts, baked donuts, how to make baked chocolate donuts