A quick bacon and kale quiche with smoked gouda and red peppers
- 9 inch pie crust
- 5 pieces of bacon, cooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup kale
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- Salt & pepper
- 1 cup shredded gouda cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Prepare pie crust by removing it from the freezer.
- Cook the bacon and place on a paper towel to drain any grease.
- In a preheated skillet, add in the olive oil. Once the oil is hot add in the kale, red peppers, and garlic powder then cook until they reach your desired tenderness. The red pepper should be tender and the kale should be wilted. Once they are done cooking, transfer to a bowl.
- Add the eggs, milk, and cream to a small bowl and using a whisk or electric mixture, beat the eggs and milk until smooth and combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- To assemble the quiche in the pie dish; sprinkle a layer of gouda cheese on the bottom, added the veggies, bacon, remaining cheese, and then pour the egg mixture on top. Bake for 40-45 minutes. The center will be a little wobbly so let it sit for 15-20 minutes before slicing.
Store the Quiche in the refrigerator.
Keywords: Quiche, bacon and kale quiche